The closing plenary of the Europe Housing Forum 2021 brings together city representatives, experts and a Member of the European Parliament to discuss methods for optimising the role of local governments of large cities in Central and Eastern Europe in facilitating the provision of affordable housing.
The panellists discuss some of the barriers in making homeownership and rental housing more affordable in their areas and level of governance. They will also discuss lessons learned from the COVID-19 emergency.
Moderator: Leonardo Ebner – Policy Adviser at the Council of European Municipalities and Regions
- Estrella Durá Ferrandis – Member of the European Parliament, Spain
- Ian Brossat – Deputy Mayor of Paris for Housing, Emergency Accommodation and Refugee protection, France
- Gergely Karascony – Mayor of Budapest, Hungary
- Lenka Antalová Plavuchová – Deputy Mayor of Bratislava, Slovakia
- Michaela Kauer – Coordinator of the EU Urban Agenda Housing Partnership, City of Vienna, Austria